Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, Dairy Diary


In a dairy on new years eve? You've goat to be kidding me!!!


Goatally Adorable!

A conversation that took place with Bee, my daughter in early December......

Me;   I really fancy a real Christmas tree this year, Our artificial one has seen better days.

Bee;  So get one.

Me;  I would but it makes me sad throwing away the tree after Christmas and its such a waste.

Bee;  You know who loves an old Christmas tree?

Me; Nobody?

Bee;  Goats!

Me;  Huh?

Bee;  Old Christmas trees are brilliant goat treats, we can take it to the farm where I used to work.

Me;  Oh excellent. I'd be really happy knowing it had another purpose in its life.

Bee:  Mum......Have you ever milked a goat?

Fast forward to new years eve and here we are at the dairy. The Christmas tree has been gratefully received and devoured by happy goats and I'm perched on a milking stool attempting to milk the beautifully patient Liesel. I'm truly grateful to her for putting up with me and my clumsy attempts at milking.  Also, to Tim, the dairy owner for making my evening so memorable and surreal.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, My Mosque Visit

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty. A year of new experiences.

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, The elf rebellion.