Fifty things to do before I'm fifty. Scotland, a Flying Visit.....Unfortunately

A beautiful sunny morning in Glasgow


My visit to Scotland was sadly over all too quickly. Two nights and one day was all I spent there. I had hoped for longer but it wasn't to be.

How much??

My trip was paid for by a TV production company, I was unbelievably lucky to get the opportunity to appear on a TV show (more about it it a later post!). The longest time I've ever spent on a train and the furthest north I've ever been. Although how they can justify £174.70 for a return ticket and STILL make you cough up 30p for the privilege of using the toilet at the station is downright robbery and really REALLY gets my goat!!

I stayed right by Glasgow Central Station overlooking the Clyde. The picture above is taken through the window at about 8.30 in the morning. What a view!

Sadly I don't have a lot more to write about.... I arrived in Glasgow at 7pm, just enough time for a quick chilly walk around and some food. I was picked up from the hotel at 6.30 the following morning and was back at the hotel around 5. No time to see the city in daylight unfortunately. Although I was just starting to get used  to being called 'Hen'!!!

Took some great photos on the train on the way home. Stunning scenery and wide open spaces. Scotland, you are definitely due a re-visit!!!  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, My Mosque Visit

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty. A year of new experiences.

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, The elf rebellion.