Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, The elf rebellion.





 If you'd asked three years ago if I fancied doing a 5k obstacle run, I'd have laughed in your face, probably giving you a quick coating of hob nob crumbs in the process! Not a runner. Hate keeping fit. Are you trying to kill me or what? The very thought of running anywhere would have sent me face first into the Ben and Jerry's!


Fast forward to 2016, Things changed somewhat and I was keen to give it a go. Although not really confident in my abilities to complete the course, I shared the post a couple of times on Facebook to see if anyone fancied joining me. The response was deafeningly silent...... Not even a pity like!!


I had planned to do an obstacle run this year as part of my list even if I had to do it alone. (Get the violins out!!!) I'm so glad that didn't happen. How lucky do I feel right now to have met a group of like minded nut jobs who were up for the adventure. Somebody mentioned about the obstacle run in a gym class a couple of weeks ago and the rest is history. It was booked in a jiffy.



We decided to dress as elves just because we're badass like that! I love our outfits, we looked great and really stood out in a sea of red santas.



I was still a little nervous going into it. Although I'm way fitter than I used to be, I'm still no runner. I didn't need to worry though, it was fun and giggles from start to finish. It was actually surprising how quickly the kilometre markers went by.



And of course there was the odd distraction here and there!


 I just keep smiling thinking about the fun we had


The leap of faith was the most terrifying part of the day but I'm oh so glad that I did it! Forever grateful to Gina for filming it!


The sun even shone for us, we were so lucky after the rain and snow the day before.


What more can I say, the pictures speak for themselves.Would I do it again? Absolutely! Without hesitation. I think we are looking to book one in the summer.  I had such a terrific time made all the better by the company I was in. Thanks to my lovely gym girlies for helping to put another tick on the list, you are all fabulous!!!

Had to add a quick 'Elfie!!

Comments

  1. Hope you went to the doctor's for an 'elf-check' before doing this! 🤣
    Well done!
    XXX
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, My Mosque Visit

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty. A year of new experiences.