Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, Starting the year in style!


My first proper post on my adventures. Iv'e been so excited to begin this year. I normally find my birthday a rather melancholy time, filled with a strong sense of another unfulfilled year passing, time wasted and old age creeping upon me. 

This year was a very different story... 

My daughter, Bee and her great friend Gav decided to call in an old promise I made to him and decided that I needed to experience a proper student night out in Norwich. Very easy for me to agree to, seeing as a visit to Norwich was on my list! I have to admit to being terrified of being the oldest swinger in town at the venue and even more scared of not being able to keep up with the young 'uns. I'm a total lightweight these days where drink is involved and I'm usually tucked up in my bed a long time before they start thinking about going out!! 

It was a slightly surreal Louis Theroux themed event at Propaganda. The music was truly excellent, exactly my taste and I soon shook off my old 'old biddy' self consciousness. At the end of the day, what does it matter what other people think anyway? (I did end up spending most of the evening in a Louis Theroux T shirt that Bee managed to charm from a guy.... nice one bubby, BEST present!!!)  In the end, I had the great joy of seeing in my 49th year in splendid style with Bee and her (my) terrific friends. I have to thank them all for taking care of the old girl and for not minding that their credibility is now ruined! 
Enjoying the evening

Looking insanely good in my T-shirt
Early hours walk home!

The following day, hanging slightly, we took a short tour around the city, although feeling a little delicate I wasn't really able to appreciate it properly. There were way too many people around for my liking so we left for home to recover a little before our meal out. I think Norwich and I have unfinished business and a revisit is definitely on the cards!

Tick number two was to eat Thai food. I've been driving past a lovely looking Thai restaurant for weeks now and picked it for my Birthday meal. The place didn't disappoint, the food was delicious and the ambience was great, made extra nice with champagne and flowers thanks to my lovely family who joined me. Thai food is definitely a new favourite!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'd love your feedback or comments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, My Mosque Visit

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty. A year of new experiences.

Fifty things to do before I'm fifty, The elf rebellion.